Security lights play a vital role in the overall safety and security of the residential as well as commercial properties. The solar security lights are getting popular day by day because of the various advantages and the features they offer. The most important feature that needs to be considered while choosing the outdoor security lighting is its ability to survive the harsh weather.
The outdoor flood light is a safe way to discourage burglars and simultaneously enhance the beauty of your home. Solar flood lights come in many varieties. The challenge is to find the best one which is the most suitable for your needs. Here is a quick guide to help you choose the type of solar security lights for your customized requirements.
The Choice Of The Security Lighting System Depends Upon Various Factors Like:
- The Functionality you are looking for
- Your Budget
- The Type of Lights you want
These Lights Come In Various Varieties Like:
- Halogen Lights
Halogen bulbs allow very bright light to be transmitted at a lower wattage. As a result, while you benefit from the halogen lights, you do not have to be worried about an increase in your electricity bills.
- LED Lights
The major advantage of these lights is that they can be installed easily. Also, the recent LED models have motion detector sensors installed, for the purpose of tracking any forced entry or unwanted movement.
- Fluorescent Luminaires
These lights are usually placed on the front of the building and also hung on the trees. Fluorescent light is like the spotlight for the outdoors. They reduce the electricity bill by operating at low wattage. In general, low-voltage lights are intended to decorate the outside of your home instead of providing safety.
- Portable Solar Lights
You can move these lights anywhere. The types of floodlights that are purchased by people partly depend on where and how much lights are needed. For example, if the landscape of the house is to be improved, it is a great choice to have low voltage lights.
- Outdoor Solar Lights
They are similar in function with halogen and LED lights. But in the case of these outdoor solar lights, solar power is used rather than electricity for the generation of light. These lights have solar panels which capture the sunlight and charges your battery.
While deciding to design the lighting scheme for your home, you must approach the designing in a phase by phase manner. You can approach using the following steps:
- First, identify the fitting areas where the lights are needed to be fit. This could include high mounted flood lights or low-level LED security lighting. You can safely go for the option of solar flood lights as they are decorative as well as safe.
- The next thing to do is to create outdoor fittings and components. If the lights are under the roof like a porch, they should be capable of tolerating moisture. Solar security lights are the best option to look out for as they are water-resistant. However, it is better to make sure that the devices that are exposed to the outside wall or in any other unprotected area must be weatherproof and long-lasting.
- Then the design or style has to be taken into account. If are selecting the fittings, choose controls/fittings that are consistent with the style of your home. With increasing awareness of energy-efficient lighting, many people install energy-efficient light bulbs like LED bulbs for security lighting
With the solar flood lights, you can program the switch on/ switch off cycle with an automated system. These solar lights get charged with the sunlight in a day and shine in the night. Thus it is the best idea to plan elaborately before installing the solar security lights as per your customized requirements.