Are you planning to install a solar panel system in Brisbane but you are not aware of anything related to it? Then, we are here for you as we have done all the hard work that will give you knowledge about all the things you should know before installing a solar panel system at your home.
Brisbane is a place which throughout the year receives sunlight, and this is why it is called the capital of the Sunshine State. The third-most populous city in Australia receives a daily average of 4.2hrs of full sun throughout the year which means a 6.6kW solar power system installed in Brisbane will generate an average of 27.7kWh of electricity per day.
Key benefits of Installing a solar panel system in Brisbane:
- Decrease in power bill by 70%
- No need to pay or worry about rising power costs
- For a 6.6kW solar system, there is $3600+ Solar Rebate
- Solar feed-in tariffs of up to 20c/kWh which means you get paid for the energy you don’t use
- You get renewable energy and plus also protect your future.
- Return on investment.
Now, let’s begin with the things you should know before installing solar panels:
1) Is your house suitable for solar or not?
This is clearly the first thing you should know before the installation of the solar panel system. Here are some of the factors you can see to find out if your house is suitable for solar or not:
- Minimal shading: More direct sunlight is better. So, before going solar, make sure there is minimal shade at your roof.
- Power bill: Higher the power bill, more benefit you will get from solar panels.
- Roof direction: To get most from installing the solar panel system, you should have a North facing roof or east-west.
2) Choosing the right solar panels and solar inverters
It will be a difficult task for you to find out the best one as there are a lot of brands available in the market. So, here are some of the things you should keep in mind before buying a solar panel or inverter:
- Choose a brand or company which is in the market for a long time.
- Don’t worry about things like where the solar panel came from as most of it comes from China.
- Before buying, get quotes from a few companies and then choose accordingly.
- If you plan to live in your house for a long time in future, then buy a great product by paying a considerable amount.
- If you plan to give your property as rental or not wish to stay longer, then buy a cheap panel but with good warranties.
Before buying any solar panel system, do proper research and get quotes from various companies to get the idea of exactly how to prove you should pay for the solar panel. Spending too much or low price isn’t a good idea. I would suggest paying a mid-range price is a great choice.