Waterproofing is the way of arresting or preventing ingress of water or vapour. This is used to fill up structural gaps in buildings. In the construction industry, waterproofing is one of the unsung heroes. It is one of the behind-the-scenes works that is essential and beneficial for everyone. Studies have shown that waterproofing only takes up one percent of the construction work, but if ignored, it can cause up to ninety percent damage to the house. Waterproofing systems provide protection to the house from water ingress. Waterproofing in Neutral Bay is a common activity in all the houses. Waterproofing is a process that dates back to ages and has evolved over the years. Different materials are used for waterproofing purposes in different regions.
Waterproofing in Neutral Bay is done in different parts of the house such as:
- Bathroom and toilet
- The basement of the house
- Water tank
- Swimming pool
Methods of waterproofing
Different methods are used for waterproofing in Neutral Bay:
- Cementitious waterproofing: this is done using cementitious products and is probably the easiest and most effective way of waterproofing. You can avail of this from any supplier who sells raw material for construction work. To give the waterproofing a tighter bond, mixing the cement with acrylic additive makes it more solid and durable. This type of waterproofing is used in water treatment plants, dams, bridges, sewage treatment plants, parking lots, railways, and subways.
- Liquid waterproofing membrane: this method is used to waterproof roofs by using a specialist liquid coating on the roof. This type of waterproofing can be used for all types of roofs –flat, domes, and pitched. Liquid waterproofing in Neutral Bay involves the application of a fully-bonded, monolithic, liquid-based coating. The coating goes through curing to form an elastic waterproof membrane, capable of stretching and returning to the original size without causing any damage.
- Bituminous waterproofing: this process is used to protect residential and commercial buildings. Bitumen, also known as coal-tar pitch is a mix of organic liquids that is viscous and waterproof. This is often used as a rollover the roof.
- Polyurethane waterproofing: Polyurethane waterproofing has many benefits –the main advantage being that it provides a seamless waterproofing membrane. This helps to fill all the capillary cracks that decrease the concrete’s water absorbency. This also helps to harden the concrete’s topmost surface.
- EMDF rubber: This is a very effective way of waterproofing in Neutral Bay. Made of ethylene and propylene, this material has a rugged surface. EDMF rubber is mainly used to provide a waterproof coat on the roof. It is also used to provide waterproofing to vehicles.
- Waterproofing using rubberized asphalt: rubberized asphalt is also used for waterproofing. Not just water, this method helps to keep the house protected from all kinds of materials. It is found on the roofs of commercial buildings. It can withstand all kinds of damages that mother nature throws at it.
Waterproofing is an essential part of any construction and over the years many new methods and processes have come up that fulfil this rudimentary need.