All of us nowadays know that a full latex mattress is a good option to prevent health concerns and also to improve the quality of sleep. They are made from natural materials which also make them environment friendly. However, there are still certain questions in the minds of people regarding these mattresses which need to be clarified so that they can understand the benefits.
1) Types of Latex Foam:
There are primarily 2 types of latex foams- the Dunlop and the Talalay latex. The Talalay process is quite a sophisticated way of manufacturing the best quality latex for mattresses. In fact, this process produces the most consistent quality of latex foam to be used in a full latex mattress. Next is the Dunlop process which is the most widely used method of producing latex for mattresses. Though it does not provide the best quality, still it produces the most popular variety of latex. This particular type of commercial latex is quite firm and is usually used as the base core component.
The basic difference between these 2 processes can be understood by knowing the fate of mould just before the initial curing stage. In the former process, a small amount of latex compound is poured into the mould while in the later process a bigger amount is used. Air is extracted inside the mould so that the foamed liquid can be evenly distributed to render a round and open cell structure. The core of the mattress is flash-frozen to trap the cell structure in place while also preventing the particles from settling. In the Dunlop method, air extraction to freeze the foam is not present. This causes the cell structure to be less airy thus producing a heavier mattress. The particles settle down inside creating a denser product than the Talalay process. The Talayalay full latex mattress comes in a wider firmness range providing better comfort to the owners.
2) Full Latex Mattress Buying Tips:
Both the latex varieties are great to use but it is easier to make a better choice if one follows the tips before buying. They are:
- Talalay mattress suits all weather types while the Dunlop is a better choice for heavier people due to the rigidity provided by this latex.
- The pillow tops can be compromised a little while buying by adding lower quality materials to the latex. This is not done always but sometimes, and one must be careful while buying such items.
- The firmness of a full latex mattress is the most important factor to be considered while buying one. If the retailer is providing options, then there is no point in buying from them. In fact, the mattress does not need to be over 10 inches thick. If it weighs more, then it has been compromised and is not good to be bought.
- It is always wise to buy from a dealer who knows his product and is also capable of talking about the process of manufacturing latex. He/she will also be able to help the buyer in choosing the best one for good quality sleep.