After giving it quite some thought, you have planned to join the construction world. Now is the perfect time to do it because of the money poured right into infrastructure these days. So, getting hold of a career as an excavator operator is always a prime choice. Reliable and skilled excavator operator needs excavator licence to work with, and the services are high in demand. These excavators can name their prices on bigger sites, where precision and productivity are of major importance.
Now, if you want to work as an excavator, you have no other option but to head towards an excavator licence now. Unless you have a proper license, you are not allowed to work. There are some licensing requirements you need to address and ways to make yourself employable. A proper license ensures that you are never out of a job.
Reasons to have a license:
People who are undertaking work in a private capacity and those conducting services in business capacity have to learn different sets of rules. For the private jobs out there, there will be no rule associated with the license requirement for operating an excavator. But, when it comes to commercial jobs, there will be no government regulations, but it will be very difficult to get a job without any form of capability documentation like an excavator licence.
- In the year 2011, the Australian government amended the Workplace Health and Safety Act. It means that the ticket is no longer considered to be a mandatory requirement for operating an excavator.
- Excavation operations were then categorised to be “low risk” when compared to some other tasks like working and dogging in confined spaces.
- However, that does not mean that you won’t need a license to prove that you can operate an excavator.
- The PCBU has to face a lot of responsibilities nowadays, who is also termed as the site manager.
- PCBU currently has the liability these days. For mitigating the risk and to absolve in possible safety problems with those operators who are not competent, they will enforce the requirement for documentation.
- In some of the instances, there is a growing need for substantial certification, and that’s when you need to focus on an excavator licence now.
Machines that can be operated without a license:
Even though there is a growing possibility of an excavator licence these days, but still there are some machines which you can operate even if you don’t have a license or ticket to do so. Those names are a scraper, grader, dozer, front end loader, skid steer loader, front end loader or backhoe and more. Even excavators fall within this category.
Not having any legislation on these machines means contractors are now freer to use them for their operations. Even the site managers have to work hard to manage their workforces with some common sense.
Get a license handy:
It is always important to keep an excavator licence handy if you don’t want to get out of a job ever. Even though it is not a necessity, but it will definitely boost up your chances to bag a job.