First off, what constitutes a dental emergency? A medical facility that gives emergency dental options will usually only provide some specific services, which is why you should be aware of what situations are considered a dental emergency. You should contact clinics that specialize in orthodontics in Guildford to find which ones are the best for you.
If you get a toothache, you typically find a dentist to help relieve the pain. Sometimes, though, you may not have the time to wait for an appointment. When a dentist is fully booked, you could have to wait days, or even weeks, before they can fit you in. It’s crucial to find an emergency dentist near you when the pain is too much to handle.
In these scenarios, you might have to find an emergency dentist in Guildford that can offer you urgent care. This type of dentistry service focuses on aiding patients who have an urgent need for dental care. The services required can include infection control, extractions, or even emergency surgical procedures in some cases.
- When you break a tooth, this may sometimes classify as an emergency. Depending on how the tooth was lost, bleeding, inflammation, and, pain may be experienced as severe symptoms. In these scenarios, immediate attention will be needed to curb the bleeding. If it is treated early enough, you may even have the option to restore your tooth.
- Severe pain in the mouth is another scenario that usually qualifies you for emergency dental services. There are a variety of reasons why severe pain may develop in the oral cavity. If the pain is accompanied by bleeding in the mouth, it is all the more reason to visit an emergency dental clinic that offers orthodontics in Guildford.
- Infection can be yet another reason why a dental clinic offering emergency services needs to be consulted. If there is swelling, redness, inflammation, and/or pain in your face or gums, it could be the appearances of an infection. When the infection leads to an abscess developing, it can even become life-threatening. Urgent treatment is highly advised by an emergency dentist in Guildford, ideally before the symptoms become severe.
These are the only three scenarios that should call for emergency services. Any type of dental problem that would need instant attention should be considered appropriate for this type of dentistry. If you’re not sure whether your case would classify as an emergency, contacting a clinic that offers these services in your area can be helpful.
Can you visit the ER for emergency dentistry?
The emergency room at your local hospital will not be able to assist you with common dental problems. Usually, emergency dental care is for the emergency dentists in Guildford.
A couple of instances where going to the ER is better are either when:
1. your pain has risen to unbearable levels, in which case there may be complications that have already developed.
2. when there is unrelenting bleeding in the mouth. The staff in your local ER will be able to assist in stopping the bleeding.
If you are facing a dental emergency, you want to avoid driving for an hour to a clinic. Knowing how to locate an emergency dental clinic that can do orthodontics in Guildford is key. This helps you access emergency treatment services without a long drive.