Concrete is rigid and robust. When something is made with concrete, it looks like it’ll be there for a long time. On the other hand, when you look at water, it seems delicate and pliable on the surface. Something that yields and conforms. However, put these two together for a longer and considerable duration, you’ll witness how water brings the sturdy concrete crumbling down.
Long periods of exposure to water in the form of rain, condensation, soil moisture or any other form eventually wears down concrete flooring. And this erosion takes root from the bases. If you find an eroding concrete surface, it’s safe to assume that even the foundation or underlying structure that forms the basis of the said concrete surface is well damaged. Consequently, to sustain concrete flooring for more extended periods, it is paramount that they are waterproofed.
Given below are certain advantages of waterproofing concrete floors:
1. It puts a stop to moulding due to dampness and nips in the bud mildew growth.
2. Waterproofing concrete floor prevents weakening of structural integrity and strengthening the foundation, making it more durable and long-lasting.
3. Since waterproofing is done as a preventive measure, it further saves the cost that might have ensued due to heavy rains, floods or moisture accumulation—as a result, cutting down on any maintenance and clean-up costs.
4. Waterproofing concrete floors equals better quality retention of the overall structure, resulting in increased property value. Indeed, people won’t buy a place with water seepage issues.
5. As a result of no dampness, there would be no spores, thus ensuring that the air quality one breathes is not harmful. Further, it is found that heightened exposure to mould can lead to health problems like asthma, hay fever, and other medical conditions, which is avoided due to the waterproofing of concrete floors.
6. The structure’s appearance retains its charms and longevity due to erosion prevention due to waterproofing the concrete floor.
Watertank Sealant Paint
A similar water-concrete relationship applies to the preservation and sustainability of water tanks for a more extended period with the help of water tank sealant paint.
Generally, water tanks are either seen situated at the underground or overhead of a house. In such cases, it is not uncommon to note a high possibility of water leakage or seepage. It might likely be the case if the water tank in question hasn’t been waterproofed or is ill-constructed in the first place. Which can lead to significant scale problems if not fixed opportunely. Consequences could include:
- Wall water seepages.
- Damage to the structure.
- Even bad waterborne health issues to the residents.
Fixing a water tank is a tedious and time-consuming process that is also wasteful of the finite resource, water. Identifying the point of leakage is extremely difficult. Water tank sealant paints are exclusive primers that are used to uniform jagged surfaces. It acts as a top coat of sorts which can be to achieve a consistent finish. These are often used to repair hairline cracks or holes as a finisher to seal them over the previous layer. Here, we can observe and realise the importance of waterproofing towards the maintenance and suitability of different elements.